8th Dan, Shihan
Chairman - Teaching Committee of Birankai International
Born in 1940. Chiba Sensei became an Aikikai uchi deshi in 1958.
He moved to Great Britain in 1966 and was instrumental in the development of Aikido in Great Britain and Europe. He returned to Japan in 1975 and served as Secretary of the International Department of Hombu Dojo and became Assistant General Secretary of the International Aikido Federation.
He moved to the United States in 1981 as chief instructor of the San Diego Aikikai. Acted as Chairman of the Teaching Committee of the Birankai International, Technical Director of the United Kingdom Aikikai and Technical Director of the Tessokai Iaido Institute.
Chiba Sensei Passed away on June 5th, 2015
Videos of Chiba Sensei Sorted By Technique
(collaboration with aikido-db.com)
Hitoe Iriminage Iriminage Ikkyo Kokyunage Kotegaeshi Nikkyo
Shihonage Sokomen Iriminage Suburi Tai Sabaki
- Remembering Chiba Sensei
- Chiba Sensei on Weapons
- Aikidoists Beware
- The Challenges of Aikido - Interview with Chiba Sensei
- Choosing Partners
- Floating Along with a Cosmic Wind
- Discovering the Body
- An Interview with T. K. Chiba Shihan. By Peter Bernath & David Halprin (Part 1), (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Memories of the Second Doshu.
- A Memorial Address for Saito Sensei
- Reflections on Budo
- An Introduction for a Round Table Talk about Zen and Aikido Training
- Structure of Shu, Ha, Ri, and Penetration of Shoshin